Megger MPD SCAN
Order #: MPD-SCAN
Mfg #: 1012 889
Defects in medium and high voltage systems not only require costly repairs, but can lead to failures of network sections with corresponding consequences. Therefore, it is in the interest of all network operators to recognize signs of impending defects as early as possible and to be able to take appropriate countermeasures on time.
With the MPD Scan, Megger offers a lightweight, robust and portable PD scanner that can quickly inspect various types of equipment for partial discharge signals.
The MPD Scan is used for the early detection of partial discharges emanating from defects in medium voltage switchgears and other electric equipment. For this purpose, the device has two internal sensors (TEV, airborne acoustic) and can also be operated with various types of external sensors.
The operation of the device is simple; it can be controlled via the three soft keys as well as via the intuitive touch display. Thanks to the auto-recognition of the connected external sensor, malfunction operation, as well as bothersome browsing through individual screens, can be eliminated.
Thanks to the large variety of sensors, the MPD Scan can be used for multiple application ranges. PD within the cable insulation can be detected using the HFCT sensor. Partial discharges in switchgears can be measured by using the TEV sensor and corona and surface discharges in MV and HV systems can be identified with the parabolic acoustic sensor.
The variety of sensors have made this handheld scanner a unique measuring device. To support the end user, measurement data will be automatically evaluated and interpreted, and pictures of the identified defects can be made and directly integrated into the report by using the integrated camera. Furthermore, the QR code scanner can directly take over the switchgear/asset data; there is no need to inconveniently rename the folder for each different test object. Make life easier by reducing the number of loose cables in the workspace through using the optional (and comfortable) Bluetooth headset, which can also be used with a helmet.
Establishing detailed and individual test reports can be performed quickly by using the supplied MeggerBook RE reporting software.
- For fast verification of partial discharge activity in MV and HV plants
- Universal application range, thanks to wide variety of sensors
- Integrated camera and QR code scanner
- Easy to use via keypad and touchscreen
- Reporting via MeggerBook RE software
- Three PD measurement methods in one device
- Plug and Play; MPD Scan automatically recognizes which external sensor has been connected
- Easy to use via soft keys and touchscreen
- Universal operating range due to large variety of sensor
- Automatic evaluation and interpretation of the results
- Optional comfortable Bluetooth headphones
- Integrated camera
- QR code scanner for asset recognition
- Different views and PRPD display for defect type recognition
- MeggerBook RE reporting software
- Use your own mobile device for wireless data transfer by USB OTG
- Touch screen operation with multilink operation: We have integrated several short cuts making the operation of the unit far more convenient. Specific menus can easily be accessed.
- Temperature and Humidity sensor (optional): An optional external temperature and humidity sensor which can be connected to the device itself. Performing these measurements are of major importance as the influence of the temperature and humidity on PD activity is large.
- Large application range thanks to the wide variety of sensors: Megger delivers the largest variety of sensors which can be connected to the MPD Scan unit. Advantage for the customer is that almost all types of MV assets can be monitored with our equipment. Advantage for sales, if offering our full range of sensors (application of each sensor will be written in a separate section) we can easily out-spec and out-price the competition.
- PD localization with external TEV sensor: One of the main difficulties of using the TEV mode with handheld scanners is that the PD signals can be spread/ visible over several switchgear cabinets. Even the level of measured PD can be the same on several panels. To locate the PD source we standardly deliver an external TEV sensor. With help from the external and internal TEV sensor we can localize the PD and can say which panel is causing the problems. For competition, a customer will need to buy a more expensive unit. Tell the user that they will always need to have two units with them when buying a handheld scanner from IPEC/ Baur or HVPD. In addition the external TEV sensor gives the user more flexibility; he can always properly read the display.
- Plug and Play: We only have one port for all external sensors. Once connected to the external sensor, the MPD Scan will automatically recognize the type of sensor connected.
- Integrated camera: This is a unique selling point; we have an integrated camera, which we can use to make images of identified problem areas. These images are stored in the same directory as the measurement data and can easily be integrated in the report at a later stage. Of course, when using systems from competitor
- Megger 1011423MPD Scan Demonstrator-Box Set
Order #: 1011-423
Mfg #: 1011423Availability:Out of stock$1,065.00
- Megger HFFCT 20Permanent HFCT Sensor for Cable Screen,Inner-diameter 20mm
Order #: HFFCT-20
Mfg #: 1006 296Availability:Out of stock$110.00
- Megger HFCT SC40HFCT Sensor for Cable Screen Inner-diameter 40mm
Order #: HFCT-SC40
Mfg #: 1009 667Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$165.00
- Megger HFCT SC60HFCT Sensor for Cable Screen Inner-diameter 60mm
Order #: HFCT-SC60
Mfg #: 1012 681Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$840.00
- Megger VK 132Connection Cable HFCT for MPD Scan
Order #: VK-132
Mfg #: VK 132Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$90.00
- Megger AA PR400-1Detachable Parabolic Receiver
Order #: AA-PR400-1
Mfg #: 1012 287Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$1,290.00
- Megger FC1Function Checker for MPD Scan
Order #: FC-1
Mfg #: FC-1Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$81.00
- Megger 9 0028 677Bluetooth Headphone
Order #: 9-0028-677
Mfg #: 9 0028 677Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$75.00
- Megger MPD SCAN WMSDWireless Mass Storage Device for MPD Scan
Order #: MPD-SCAN-WMSD
Mfg #: 1012538Availability: Ships in 2-3 weeks$1,380.00