Contact & Non-Contact Tachometer Calibration Services
At Transcat, our Tachometer Calibration Services ensure that organizations can take precision rotational (RPM) and surface speed measurements. We calibrate non-contact, contact and combination tachometers that report linear and rotational measurements via digital displays. Our 19 world-class calibration laboratories service the laser technology tachometers with non-contact capabilities that capture high-speed machinery readings.
With Transcat's ISO 17025 accredited and 9001 compliant calibration services, you can be assured of accurate tachometer measurement on a wide scope of rotating industrial targets, including pumps, grinders, engines, compressors, centrifuges, and more. Our rotational speed services support wide-ranging applications, such as automotive, marine, quality control and plant maintenance. Using an accurate tachometer, engineers and technicians can ensure equipment is operating within tolerances and that specified speeds are not exceeded, for a reduction in risks related to safety, uptime and quality control.
Tachometer Calibration for Industry and Research
We calibrate the commercial tachometers that measure the rotational speed of a shaft or disk in machinery and equipment. Our RPM calibration capabilities include the contact tachometer, which makes physical contact with the shaft or surface speed to obtain measurement. We also service the non-contact models, such as the optical tach designed with a transmitter and receiver and the optical laser tachometer used for RPM detection in tight spaces or danger areas.
How Does Transcat Ensure RPM Accuracy?
Transcat calibrates digital tachometers with a variety of operating ranges, as well as accuracy and max resolution specifications. We ensure that operators can capture reliable measurements on equipment from boiler mixers to conveyor belts. A tach with contact functionality will be calibrated with its contact tip or wheel. Transcat stands out from our competitors with these benefits:
- Our accredited laboratories perform services in stringently regulated environments, with contact and/or non-contact tachometer performance verified individually over a range of specified distances.
- With our comprehensive capabilities, you'll have access to a calibration for a broad scope of devices, including those from Shimpo, Extech, Starrett, and Monarch
- Transcat provides ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibrations and has earned the widest scope of accreditation across our serviced industries.
- We also precisely calibrate handheld stroboscopes and multifunction stroboscope/tachometer instruments.
- Every tachometer calibration is performed in accordance with meticulously documented, internally monitored and externally audited quality management systems.
Calibrating Velocity and Torque Instruments
Many of our Transcat labs offer globally recognized expertise in Physical Calibrations. In addition to tachometers, our extensive capabilities service other devices associated with vibration and rotational measurement, such as:
- Velocity and Rotational Speed (RPM) ‚ stroboscopes, tuning forks, and radar instruments
- Rotational Force (Torque) -- torque wrenches, screwdrivers, and testers
- Vibration, Acceleration, and Seismography ‚ accelerometers and vibration meters
Tach Calibration Options: OEM Specs or Customized Approach
An accredited calibration by highly skilled technicians will confirm a tachometer's ability to detect velocity variations. Both our lab and onsite calibrations provide customer-focused service with your applications in mind. We can calibrate to your tool's OEM specifications or industry requirements. Transcat performs tachometer calibrations that offer distinct advantages to companies of all sizes, and we have the expertise to customize procedures to your mechanical requirements.