Explore Transcat's Calibration Services
Need a quote? Have a question about Transcat Calibration Services ?Contact Us
Scope of Calibration Services
Transcat Calibration Services offers the widest scope of ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation in the industries we serve. In fact, we are accredited for over 99% of our capabilities, and more than 95% of the calibrations we perform are accredited. Regardless of the service performed you can be assured that:
- Transcat’s calibrations are performed according to the same processes and with the same standards, accredited or not across our entire network of labs. Calibrations are always done correctly by highly trained and audited technicians.
- Transcat’s internal quality team maintains a culture of ongoing over-the-shoulder audits - checking and ensuring the consistency of calibration processes several times each year, even between official audits.
- We offer a wide variety of discipline capabilities and multiple levels of accredited calibration services.
- We have a centralized technical writing team that creates our calibration datasheets to ensure that our calibrations meet original equipment manufacturer specifications or customer specifications when requested. These datasheets are used for all our calibrations whether performed in-lab or onsite.
Transcat Levels of Accredited Services
Each of Transcat's services offers our customers quality accredited calibration in a variety of flexible options to meet your needs.
- In-Lab Calibration – The majority of our customers choose this convenient option. You can either ship your instruments into one of our labs located across North America, or you can choose to drop them off. In either case, we will quickly process your calibrations and, in most cases, we will ship them back in five business days. Our labs are staffed running multiple shifts, so you can rest assured we will get your instrument back to you quickly and safely. Many of our labs offer local pickup and delivery services. If you would like more information, contact us for details.
We offer many primary level calibration capabilities across our network. This gives you the flexibility to send your instruments to a single source provider.
- Onsite Calibration – Another flexible option is to have your instruments calibrated at your facility. This premium service offers you the convenience of having our technicians bring our calibration standards and perform the calibration services onsite. You will work with our onsite coordinators to schedule the work to be performed when it’s convenient for you. You receive the same levels of quality service you have come to expect from our In-lab calibrations. While not everything can be calibrated onsite, this service offers maximum flexibility. Ask your sales rep for more information. (Some exclusions and minimum rates apply)
- Managed Services – No single provider can provide services on every type of instrument. We can manage all your calibrations through our extensive network of approved vendors. Send your instrument to one of our labs, we will find the suitable vendor that can perform the work you need and manage the entire transaction for you helping you consolidate your suppliers and reduce your costs. Learn more about our managed services.
- In-Process Calibration Services – In addition to our standard instrument calibration services, we also offer in-process calibration services at your facility. Our highly trained technicians can come onsite to calibrate your in-process instruments including transmitters, sensors, switches, recorders, controllers, ovens, chambers and more. Contact us for an individual consultation.
- Repair Services – We know that instruments fail or get damaged and replacing them is not always an option. This reason is why we operate our Repair Center out of our Houston calibration lab. We can offer cost effective repairs on many of the instruments we calibrate. Our repairs are generally less expensive and completed faster than the OEM. All repairs come with an accredited calibration so you can be sure your instrument is in peak operating condition. Find out more about our repair services here.