Order #: TREXCFPKL9P1
Mfg #: TREXCFPKL9P1
Emerson TREX Highlights
- C - Device Communicator communication module
- F - HART + Foundation Fieldbus Applications - Includes Foundation Fieldbus Power Plug when ordered with Device Communicator Plus communication module (L).
- P - Rechargeable Li-Ion Power Module
- KL - ATEX, CSA (US/Canada) and IECEx Intrinsically Safe (includes FISCO as applicable)
- W - Wireless - Includes Bluetooth, WiFi, and NFC radios. Available only in countries where spectrum approval has been obtained.
- S3 - Standard Support (3 Year) - Includes technical support and software updates.
- Commission and validate devices faster
- Quickly fix issues in the field with advanced device diagnostics
- Configure and test valves inline
- Improve efficiency with a modern, intuitive user interface
- Software updates can be downloaded. See PDF in the technical resources tab for more information
Each TREX Includes
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Lead Set with connectors
- Hand Strap
- Quick Start Guide
- ValveLink Mobile application available at no charge once Trex unit is activated
The Trex communicator includes Upgrade Studio, a PC application to help keep the Trex unit up-to-date with new software and apps.
With Upgrade Studio, add critical diagnostic tools to your toolkit and push them out to any number of Trex communicators. With multiple apps available and many more in development, Upgrade Studio will make the Trex communicator your go-anywhere, do-anything device:
- Field Communicator - The Field Communicator app delivers a wide range of options for configuring and troubleshooting HART and Foundation Fieldbus devices.
- Loop Diagnostics - With the Loop Diagnostic app, you can power the loop in the field and also perform loop troubleshooting and checkouts. The app helps with loop characteristic validation and lets you isolate and troubleshoot wiring issues.
- Fieldbus Diagnostics - The Fieldbus Diagnostics app gives you the necessary toolset for troubleshooting and validating Foundation Fieldbus segments.
- WirelessHART Provisioning - The WirelessHART Provisioning app allows you to provision wireless networks in less time, with less chance of error and in a more secure fashion. The app can configure hundreds of devices with a push of a button, improving accuracy and allowing you to provision an entire network up to 6x faster.
- Radar Master - The Radar Master app enables you to ensure the measurement and configuration accuracy of your Rosemount radar level transmitters by bringing the power of Radar Master software to the field. Use dynamic graphics to verify configurations while protecting the safety of your personnel and assets.
- ValveLink Mobile - With Valvelink Mobile, you can analyze and review valve assembly condition and performance without affecting the process. Configuration and troubleshooting of digital valve controllers has never been more efficient.
- Calculator - The Calculator app for AMS Trex includes a simple calculator, conversion calculator for base conversions, loop convertor/Ohm's law calculator, and unit converter for engineering units.
- Trex Help - The Trex Help app offers a searchable help guide, putting key information on operation and troubleshooting at your fingertips.
- PDF Viewer - Transfer PDF files to AMS Trex to easily access manuals, work processes, notes, and any other PDFs in the field.
|Processor, Memory, and Operating System|
|Microprocessor||800 MHz ARM Cortex A8 / NXP|
|Memory Internal Flash||2 GB NAND and 32 GB extended flash|
|Operating System||Windows Embedded Compact 2013|
|RAM||512 MB DDR3 SDRAM|
|Weight||Approximately 2.9 lbs (1330 grams)|
|Display||5.7 inch (14.5 cm) color VGA resistive touchscreen|
|Keypad||X button – similar to a Back key|
Cables included with U.S., Europe, and U.K. plugs
|Power Supply / Charger|
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion power module|
|Battery Operating Time||8+ hours of typical use|
|Charge Time||3 to 4 hours|
|LEDs||6 LEDs. Five LEDs for indicating the progress of charging. One LED to indicate the AC adapter is charging the power module.|
|Battery Charger Options||Input voltage 90-264 VAC, 47-63 Hz|
|USB||Micro USB Connector. USB 2.0
Remove the USB cable from the Trex unit before connecting to a device.
|Battery Charger||Barrel Round Plug Tip|
|Wireless Approvals||FCC, CE, RED and IC Approvals, Certified for use in over 100 countries|
|Bluetooth||2.1, Range up to 10 m|
|Wi-Fi||802.11 b/g, Range up to 33 m|
|NFC||Active NFC, Range up to 20 cm|
|Device Communicator Communication Module||HART terminal Enables HART device communication
Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs
Optional Internal Resistor: 250 or 500 Ohm
|Fieldbus (FF) terminal||Foundation Fieldbus device communication
Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs
|Device Communicator Plus Communication Module||HART terminal, Enables HART device communication|
|HART + power terminal||Enables HART communication with the Trex unit, and provides power to one HART device in a bench setup.
Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs Includes HART power supply, resistors (167 Ohm), current control, and ammeter. Current Range: 3 -22.5 mA
mA terminal (external ammeter)
Measures current on a 4-20 mA current loop.Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs. Current Range: Up to 22.5 mA. Resolution: 0.1 mA
Fieldbus (FF) terminal
Enables Foundation Fieldbus device communication. Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs
FF + FF power terminal
Provides power to one Foundation Fieldbus device in a bench setup. Connector: One Banana Jack Plug (Power conditioner included). Current Range: 0- 38 mA
|Usage||-20°C to +55°C (-4°F to 131°F). For IS approval: -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Charge||+10°C to +45°C (50°F to 113°F)|
|Storage with power module||-20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F) (less than 1 month)|
|Storage without power module||-20°C to +60°C (-4 °F to 140°F)|
|Shock||The unit shall survive a 1-meter, all sides and corners drop test onto concrete.|
|Upgrade Studio Requirements|
|Installation||Windows 7 Professional Service Pack (SP1) 1 (32 and 64-bit)
Windows 10 Professional
512 MB of free disk space
A Windows user account with Administrator privileges
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Communicator Options Worksheet|
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Communicator Datasheet|
|Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator User Manual|
|Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator Quick Start Guide|
|5 Easy Steps to Upgrade Your Emerson AMS TREX Device Communicator|
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Battery Datasheet|
|Emerson AMS TREX Device USB Field Bus Interface Accessory Datasheet|
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Wireless HART Provisioning Datasheet|
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Radar Master App Datasheet|
|Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator Inspection Rounds 1.0 Quick Start Guide|
|Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator ValveLink Mobile Quick Start Guide|
|Emerson White Paper: Improving Data Integrity with Auto Sync|
|Emerson White Paper: Five Strategies to Drive Reliability with Handheld Communicators|
|Emerson White Paper: Three Ways to Increase Efficiency with Power the Loop Technology|
|Emerson: Your Journey to Becoming the Reliability Program of the Year Article|
|Emerson: How to Master Data Management Article|