Panel Meter, 0-10, IRON VANE, 50-400Hz
Order #: 260240MTMT
Mfg #: 260240MTMT
Special Price $70.30 Regular Price $74.00
Accuracy: ±2% Iron Vane Type; ±3% Rectifier Type Four Display Sizes: 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 3 1/2" and 4 1/2" Severe Duty Meters Optional (2 1/2" to 4 1/2") to Meet UL1437 AC, DC amps, volts, and frequency. One of the highest-torque meters on the market. Three mounting types available – rear window, front panel surface or rear panel with optional bezel.
Only need this item for a short time?
Questions about this product?
- Severe-duty meters are available to meet CUL or UL 1437 requirements in 2-1/2" - 4-1/2" sizes.
- Three Mounting Types Available in Stylist Series: Rear Panel Window Mount, Front of Panel Surface Mount, Rear Panel Surface Mount Available with Optional Bezel
- Taut Band: Taut band is a means of suspending the moving mechanism between two ribbons of metal, obviating the need for pivots, jewels and control springs found in conventional mechanisms. The absence of friction resulting from this permits greater sensitivities and provides more rugged meters.Common failures of conventional meters subjected to shock testing are cracked jewels and/or blunted pivots. Taut band, without pivot and jewels, consequently, will withstand shock in excess of that specified for pivot and jewel meters. For example, ANSI Specifications for panel meters require 50G shock. Taut-band meters will withstand 100G shock.
- Pivot and Jewel: In this design the coil and pointer are supported by polished steel pivots at each end which fit into jewel bearings. Pivot and jewel meters are recommended for highvibration environments because of the mechanism's inherent stability and strength. Accuracy and repeatability are almost equal to the taut-band's, and good performance from the pivot and jewel construction is the reason for its long popularity. Don't specify pivot and jewel meters for applications that involve high shock, but do take advantage of this meter's ability to withstand vibration.
- High-Sensitivity DC Voltmeters: Standard DC voltmeter sensitivity is 1000 ohms/volt. Expressed differently, 1000 ohms/volt sensitivity means that the meter draws approximately one milliamp full-scale current.
- Frequency Effect — AC Meters: Iron vane voltmeters are sensitive to frequency and should not be used on frequencies other than design frequency. (Standard voltmeters are calibrated at 60 Hertz. Used at 50 Hertz, accuracy becomes ±2-1/4%. There are also 150- and 300-volt ratings listed which are calibrated at 400 Hertz). For calibrations at frequencies other than 60 and 400 Hertz, refer to factory.