Combo Tester, Wrist Strap/Footwear, w/Footplate
Order #: SCTEST2
Mfg #: 5301410
- To test operator's path-to-ground to determine the personal grounding device is functioning correctly
- Separate test circuits for wrist straps and foot grounders by means of a rocker switch, allowing the operator to quickly test all personal grounding devices
- A green light indicates that the wrist strap or footwear is passing
- Red and yellow lights plus an audible alarm indicate when the wrist strap or footwear is failing; if failure occurs, the tester will also display if the grounding device's resistance is too low or too high
- The Combo Tester may also be used to test smocks or garments that feature a grounding mechanism for operators using a coiled cord connection
- Combo tester includes a stainless steel foot plate to test foot grounders
- Footplate has a molded insulative backplate with beveled edges, isolating the operator from the flooring to ensure accurate testing
- Each Combo Tester is calibrated with accepted procedures and standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and includes a NIST certificate
Features and Components
- 6-9VDC Power Jack: Input for an AC adapter (sold separately) to power the Combo Tester in permanent installation locations. *Use only the Desco 98256 and 98257 power adapters with the Combo Tester. Using any other power adapter may damage the unit and void the warranty.
- Test Results LEDs: Displays the test results.
- Foot Plate Jack: Connect the banana plug terminal of the foot plate cord here and the other end to the stainless steel foot plate.
- Rocker Switch: Toggle to the left when performing a footwear test. Toggle to the right when performing a wrist strap test.
- Single-Wire Wrist Strap Jack: Insert your single-wire wrist cord here to test your wrist strap.
- Test Switch: Push down and hold your finger here to perform a test.
- Low Battery LED: Illuminates when the battery power is low and needs to be replaced.
|Power Supply||9V alkaline battery|
|Operating Temperature||41°F to 104°F (5°C to 40°C)|
|Environmental Requirements||Indoor use only at altitudes less than 6500 ft. (2 km)|
|Maximum relative humidity of 80% up to +85°F (+30°C) decreasing linearly to 50% @ +104°F (+40°C)|
|Maximum relative humidity of 50% at 1 GΩ setting|
|Dimensions||3.3" x 5.6" x 1.5" (84 mm x 142 mm x 38 mm)|
|Weight||0.5 lbs (0.2 kg)|
|Wrist Strap Test Limit||750 kΩ to 10 MΩ|
|Footwear Test Limit||750 kΩ to 100 MΩ|
|Test Switch Voltage||4 VDC @ open circuit|