Combo Tester, Wrist Strap/Footwear, w/Footplate
Order #: SCTEST2
Mfg #: 5301410
- To test operator's path-to-ground to determine the personal grounding device is functioning correctly
- Separate test circuits for wrist straps and foot grounders by means of a rocker switch, allowing the operator to quickly test all personal grounding devices
- A green light indicates that the wrist strap or footwear is passing
- Red and yellow lights plus an audible alarm indicate when the wrist strap or footwear is failing; if failure occurs, the tester will also display if the grounding device's resistance is too low or too high
- The Combo Tester may also be used to test smocks or garments that feature a grounding mechanism for operators using a coiled cord connection
- Combo tester includes a stainless steel foot plate to test foot grounders
- Footplate has a molded insulative backplate with beveled edges, isolating the operator from the flooring to ensure accurate testing
- Each Combo Tester is calibrated with accepted procedures and standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and includes a NIST certificate
Features and Components
- 6-9VDC Power Jack: Input for an AC adapter (sold separately) to power the Combo Tester in permanent installation locations. *Use only the Desco 98256 and 98257 power adapters with the Combo Tester. Using any other power adapter may damage the unit and void the warranty.
- Test Results LEDs: Displays the test results.
- Foot Plate Jack: Connect the banana plug terminal of the foot plate cord here and the other end to the stainless steel foot plate.
- Rocker Switch: Toggle to the left when performing a footwear test. Toggle to the right when performing a wrist strap test.
- Single-Wire Wrist Strap Jack: Insert your single-wire wrist cord here to test your wrist strap.
- Test Switch: Push down and hold your finger here to perform a test.
- Low Battery LED: Illuminates when the battery power is low and needs to be replaced.
|Power Supply||9V alkaline battery|
|Operating Temperature||41°F to 104°F (5°C to 40°C)|
|Environmental Requirements||Indoor use only at altitudes less than 6500 ft. (2 km)|
|Maximum relative humidity of 80% up to +85°F (+30°C) decreasing linearly to 50% @ +104°F (+40°C)|
|Maximum relative humidity of 50% at 1 GΩ setting|
|Dimensions||3.3" x 5.6" x 1.5" (84 mm x 142 mm x 38 mm)|
|Weight||0.5 lbs (0.2 kg)|
|Wrist Strap Test Limit||750 kΩ to 10 MΩ|
|Footwear Test Limit||750 kΩ to 100 MΩ|
|Test Switch Voltage||4 VDC @ open circuit|
- Megger DET24CClamp-on Resistance Tester w/ Bluetooth$2,140.00
- Fluke EARTH STAKEEarth Ground Tester Earth Stake$114.99
- Megger DET24C-VIPClamp-on Resistance Tester Kit$2,170.50
- Pomona 2864-24-2 (1926439)Banana Plug Patch Cord (Red)$13.69
- Pomona 2864-24-0 (1926421)Banana Plug Patch Cord (Black)$13.69
- Pomona B-60-0Banana Plug Patch Cord Green$7.59
- Megger DET14CEarth/Ground Clamp-on Resistance Tester$1,905.00
- Extech GRT3004-Wire Earth Ground Resistance Tester$859.00
- Greenlee GT-65Voltage Tester
- Fluke GEO CABLE-REEL 25MGround/Earth Cable Reel 25m Wire$99.99
- Megger MIT230Handheld Insulation Tester 250-1000V$675.00
- Extech 382252Earth Ground Resistance Tester with NIST$445.49
- Ideal Industries/Trend Network 61-796Earth Ground Resistance TesterSpecial Price $783.89 Regular Price $783.90
- Extech 382357Clamp-On Ground Resistance Tester$1,469.00
- Pomona B-60-9Banana Plug Patch Cord White$7.59
- Megger DET14C-VIPEarth/Ground Clamp-on Resistance Tester w/VF2$1,935.50
- Extech 382252Earth Ground Resistance Tester Kit$300.29
- GW Instek GPT-9803Withstanding Volt/Insulation Resistance Tester$1,869.00
- Megger MIT1525Industrial Insulation Resistance Tester,15kV$7,200.00
- Megger 6310-755Earth Testing Kit$675.00