General Radio 1409-F FOR RENT
Order #: 1409-F-RENT2
Mfg #: 1409-F
General Radio 1409-F Highlights
The GenRad 1409 Standard Capacitor is series of highly stable, cost-effective capacitance standards. With low temperature coefficient, low losses and these standard capacitors come in a wide range of capacitance values from 1 nF - 1,000 µF. Up to 1 µF, the standard capacitors are constructed of fixed mica capacitors of very high stability for use as two- or three-terminal reference or working standards in the laboratory. From 1 µF to 10 µF the units are made of hermetically sealed polystyrene for 10 _F. Above 10 _F the capacitor is hermetically sealed polycarbonate.
Typical capacitors, observed over decades, have shown random fluctuations of less than + 0.01% in measured capacitance with no evidence of systemic drift.
The capacitors are made out of ≤1 µF silvered-mica and foil, spring-held in a heavy metal camp for mechanical stability. The units are selected for low dissipation factor and are stabilized by heat cycling. They are housed in cast aluminum cases, along with silica gel which provides continuous desiccation. These cases are sealed with high-temperature wax. A well is provided in the wall of the case for insertion of a dial-type thermometer. Three jack-top binding posts are provided on the top of the case, and removable banana plugs on the bottom, for convenient parallel connection without error.
A well is provided in the wall of the case for insert_ing a dial-type thermometer. For convenient parallel connection without error, three jack-top binding posts are provided on the top case, with removable plugs on the bottom.
How to Rent from Transcat
1. Select Your Rental Product
- Need help selecting a unit? Try using our Product Finder or search our available units
- Can’t find what you are looking for? Is the rental unit you need, not available? Give us a call at 800-828-1470 or our chat feature to speak with one of our dedicated Rental Experts
2. Contact Our Team of Rental Experts
- Contact us here or click below to submit your request for a rental quote and a member of our Rental Team will review the request and will reach out to you very soon
3. Select Your Rental Period & Complete Your Order
- Our weekly period lasts 7 calendar days, while our monthly rental period lasts 28 calendar days
- Provide your form of payment, sign the rental agreement and any other required documents, and we will ship you the unit