Dwyer Instruments 1640-10
Order #: 1640-10
Mfg #: 1640-10
The unique electric switch design in the 1640 is another Dwyer Instrument, Inc. innovation. The Dwyer Model 1640 Differential Pressure Switch resembles the Series 1630 switches. However, the Model 1640 is equipped with a single pole, double throw floating contact switch (not snap acting) so it functions as a null switch. Drawing shows the switching action schematically. As the diaphragm moves in response to pressure changes, it moves the floating contact to cause switching action at two preset points with no switching action between these points. The "high"circuit will be closed when rising pressure differential reaches the preset level. The "low"circuit will be closed when falling pressure differential reaches the preset level. A typical example of usage is to position motorized dampers when static pressure in a duct system reaches a desired maximum and reposition the dampers when the static pressure falls to a pre-established minimum. By using a Pitot tube sensing element the Model 1640 switch can serve in the same way to control air velocity and maintain a constant volume of air in a supply duct.
Only need this item for a short time?
- range 3.0-12.0 in H2O
- adjustable null span
- .04 minimum set
- .20 maximum set
- Dwyer Instruments 1640-3KPAFloating Contact Null Switch 1.0 - 3.0 kPa$417.00
- Dwyer Instruments 1640-1KPAFloating Contact Null Switch 0.4 - 1.0 kPa$417.00
- Dwyer Instruments 1640-5Floating Contact Null Switch 2.0-6.0 in H2O$417.00
- Dwyer Instruments 1640-1.5KPAFloating Contact Null Switch 0.5 - 1.5 kPa$417.00
- Dwyer Instruments 1640-.05KPA
Floating Contact Null Switch 0.005 - 0.05 kPa$404.00
- Dwyer Instruments 1640-.25KPAFloating Contact Null Switch 0.05 - 0.25 kPa$417.00