General Radio 1531 FOR RENT
Order #: 1531-RENT2
Mfg #: 1531
General Radio 1531 Uses
The GenRad 1531 Strobotac electronic stroboscope is a small portable flashing-light source used to measure the speed of fast-moving devices or to produce the optical effect of stopping or slowing down high-speed motion for observation.
The GenRad 1531-AB Strobotac electronic stroboscope includes a strobotron lamp and reflector assembly, an electronic pulse generator that controls the flashing rate, and a line-operated power supply. The flashing-rate range of 110 to 25.000 flashes per minute is divided into three direct-reading ranges; to avoid reading errors, only the particular range in use is illuminated. The rpm control is concentric with the range selector, and its large diameter provides precise control of the flashing rate. The flash lamp can be triggered externally to "stop" motion for photography. The combination of the Type 1531-P2 Flash Delay and the 1536-A Photoelectric Pickoff can be used as an external triggering source, which also provides an adjustable delay of the stroboscope flash with respect to the triggering pulse from the photoelectric pickoff.
A built-in calibration system within the GenRad 1531 Stroboscope uses the power-line frequency for quick, easy check and readjustment of the flashing-rate calibration. The strobotron flash lamp and reflector assembly pivots in a plane perpendicular to the panel and swivels 360 degrees on its own axis.
- Observation and speed measurement of gears,cams, linkages, shuttles, spindles, motor rotors, and any other elements having repetitive motion
- Observation of vibrating members, fuel-nozzle spray patterns, and vibrations of components undertest in wind tunnels
- High-speed photography of repetitive or nonrepetitive motion
General Radio 1531 Highlights
- High flashing rates up to 25,000 per minute — speed measurements to 250.000 rpm
- Short flash duration — "stops" rapid motion and permits ultra-high-speed photography
- High accuracy stroboscope — rpm measurements can be made to ± 1%