Tektronix DPO-UP PWR
Order #: DPO-UP PWR
Mfg #: DPO-UP PWR
DPOPWR, Advanced Power Measurement and Analysis software, allows power supply designers to configure multiple measurements with custom defined settings, measure and analyze power dissipation in switching devices, and measure and analyze magnetic parameters in a single acquisition. The addition of new measurements such as Inrush current, Capacitance, and Reactive power provides more insight into the input / output characterization of power supplies. Designers who otherwise spend a lot of time manually analyzing power dissipations per cycle can now, with the Switching loss plot and the Time trend plot, measure power dissipation at all switching cycles graphically. A single .mht format with the append feature provides an easy way to generate reports that include measurements, test results, and plot images. This solution elevates your productivity to a new level and helps SMPS designers meet pre-compliance requirements.
DPOPWR Advanced Power Measurement and Analysis software transforms Tektronix Windows oscilloscopes into sophisticated debug and analysis tools that quickly measure and analyze power dissipation in power supply switching devices and magnetic components. Current harmonic Measurement helps the power supply designers to ensure pre-compliance of their designs to industry standards such as the IEC EN61000-3-2/EN61000-3-2 AM14 before investing in the official compliance testing. DPOPWR provides several specific measurements to run in a group and characterize power supplies such as Input and Output analysis, Switching analysis, and Magnetic analysis. Built-in Degauss and Probe deskew features enable accurate and repeatable results. DPOPWR provides a convenient .mht formatted report which documents the test results with append feature of previous results. DPOPWR, used with an MSO/DPO5000/B, DPO7000C or MSO/DSA/DPO70000C/DX Series oscilloscope with TxDP High Voltage differential Probes and TCP current probes, forms a complete measurement system for power supply design and test.
- Switching Loss measurement computes TON, TOFF, Conduction and Total loss values and trajectory plot synchronizes with the ON and OFF States and corresponding values for each cycle or all switching cycles.
- Hi-Power Finder identifies all the peaks in the power waveform and provides interactive Detail results. It can automatically traverse between the peak values and show energy and loss values for each switching cycle.
- RDS(on) and SOA measures dynamic internal resistance and provides customizable safe operating area mask testing with linear and log scales.
- Magnetic Measurements compute total magnetic loss, inductance of core and shows a graph of the relationship between B and H.
- Power Quality measurements compute THD, True Power, Apparent Power, Power Factor, Crest Factor, and Phase angle are shown in a quick view as Summary results table.
- Current Harmonics enables all pre-compliance testing to cover EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-2 AM14, and MIL-STD-1399 (400 Hz) standards, user defined mode. Displays up to the 100th harmonic values in both table and bar graph formats.
- Voltage Harmonics provide a frequency-domain view of the AC voltage, such as at the output of an inverter.
- Inrush current measurement identifies the peak currents based on configured threshold level.
- Timing analysis displays time-trend plot of the cycle-to-cycle variations in the modulated switching signal based on positive and negative pulse width, positive and negative duty cycle, frequency, and period measurements.
- New measurements such as Inrush current, Capacitance, Reactive power and Switching loss trajectory plot which provides more insight to Input/output characterization.
- Custom source Autoset for vertical and horizontal sets the oscilloscope parameters automatically, increasing your productivity and measurement repeatability.
- Automatic computation line frequency provide more accurate results for Voltage and Current Harmonics.
- Automatic detection of PFC circuit waveforms which prompts the user to use VG for noisy/ringing switching waveforms.
- Multiple measurements can be run at same time for single acquisition, providing correlated power measurements.
- Synchronization of Time trend plot with actual waveform, allowing you to observe the variation of measurements over time.
- A single .mht format with the append feature provides an easy way for you to generate reports that include measurements, test results and plot images.
- Automatic detection of probes, Auto de-gauss, AutoZero, and de-skew utilities.
- Reference waveform support helps the user to do post-analysis, now available for all measurements.
- Seamless integration of the application with the oscilloscope allows you to switch between them easily and debug more effectively.
- Global configuration features such as acquisition mode (HiRes), cursor gating, coupling and BW limits are applied uniformly across a group of measurements.