Hanna Instruments HI96712
Aluminum Portable Photometer
Order #: HI96712
Mfg #: HI96712
Only need this item for a short time?
Questions about this product?
- The HI96712 portable photometer is for the measurement of aluminum. Hanna's portable photometers feature an advanced optical system; the combination of a special tungsten lamp, a narrow band interference filter, and silicon photodetector ensure accurate photometric readings every time. The Hanna exclusive CAL Check™ feature utilizes ready-made, NIST traceable standards for meter validation and calibration. The exclusive cuvette locking system ensures that the cuvette is inserted into the measurement cell in the same position every time to maintain a consistent path length.
- CAL Check™ - Allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards.
- GLP - Review of the last calibration date.
- Auto-shut off - Automatic shut off after 10 minutes of non-use when the meter is in measurement mode. Prevents wastage of batteries in the event the meter is accidentally left on.
- Battery status indicator - Indicates the amount of battery life left.
- Built-in timer - Ensures the appropriate reaction time is used for the chemical reaction. At the end of the timer the meter will automatically take the reading. This feature ensures consistency across multiple users.
- Error messages - Messages on display alerting to problems including no cap, high zero, and standard too low.
- Cooling lamp indicator - To maintain the desirable wavelength to be used for absorbance, it is necessary to ensure components are not overheated from the heat generated by the tungsten lamp. Each photometer is designed to allow a minimal amount of time for components to cool. The cooling lamp indicator is displayed prior to a reading being taken.
- Units of measure - Appropriate unit of measure is displayed along with reading.
- Light Source tungsten lamp
- Light Detector silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 525 nm
- Range 0.00 to 1.00 mg/L (ppm)
- Resolution 0.01 mg/L (ppm)
- Accuracy @ 25°C (77°F) ±0.02 mg/L ±4% of reading
- Method adaptation of the aluminon method
- Auto-off after ten minutes of non-use in measurement mode; after one hour of non-use in calibration mode; with last reading reminder
- Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Weight 360g (12.7oz.)
- Battery Type 9V battery
- Dimensions 193 x 104 x 69 mm (7.6 x 4.1 x 2.7”)
- Warranty 2 years
Each Unit Includes
- Sample cuvettes (2) with caps
- 9V battery
- Instrument quality certificate
- Instruction manual.