Order #: N9918B-010
Mfg #: N9918B-010
- Fully error-corrected time domain reflection or transmission response
- Gating available to remove unwanted responses (from test fixtures for example)
- View time and frequency domain data simultaneously
- Transform frequency domain to the time domain or time domain to the frequency domain
With Option 010 or time domain, FieldFox computes the inverse Fourier transform of the frequency-domain data to display reflection or transmission coefficients versus time. Time domain gating can be used to remove unwanted responses such as connector mismatch or cable discontinuities, and the results can be displayed in either time or frequency domain.
The transform used by the analyzer resembles time domain reflectometry (TDR) measurements. TDR measurements however are made by launching an impulse or step into the test device and observing the response in time with a receiver similar to an oscilloscope. In contrast, FieldFox makes swept frequency response measurements, and mathematically transforms the data into a time domain reflectometer-like display.
- Stimulus modes: Low-pass step, low-pass impulse, bandpass impulse
- Window shape: Minimum, medium and maximum, Kaiser Beta and impulse width
- Gating: On/off
- Gate types: Notch, bandpass
- Gate shapes: Maximum, wide, normal, minimum
With the N9913/4/5/6/7/8B FieldFox combination analyzers, Option 010 requires Option 210 (VNA transmission/reflection) as a prerequisite option. With Options 010 and 210, the user can measure S11 and S21 in time domain. To obtain time domain data for all four S-parameters and full 2-port error correction, order Option 211 (VNA full 2-port S-parameters).