Compliance West MP-DEF-SURGE-P
Order #: MP-DEF-SURGE-P
Mfg #: MEGAPULSE-DEFIB-SURGE-P
The MegaPulse Defib Surge P is designed to conduct the test shown in EN 45502-1:1997 Para. 20.2, "Protection of the device from damage caused by external defibrillators". In accordance with this Standard reference, the Defib Surge P is built to the schematic shown in EN 45502-1 Figure 1 using the circuit values shown in Para. 20.2.
The output of the Defib Surge P is fixed at 140 volts peak, measured from the 10 ohm tap on the front panel, in accordance with the Standard.
A front-panel switch reverses the output polarity which is required for proper testing.
The output of the Defib Surge P can be measured with an oscilloscope using an appropriate 10X probe. (There is no BNC oscilloscope output on the Defib Surge P.)
The 300 ohm tap on the front panel is used to connect the AIMD to the Defib Surge P. The MegaPulse Defib Surge P uses IGBT switches to deliver a clean signal output.
The Tests contemplated in EN 45502 require 3 positive going pulses separated by 20 seconds; then after a 60 second pause, three negative going pulses separated by 20 seconds. The positive and negative pulses can be delivered manually using the front panel buttons, or the pulses can be set to operate under USB computer control using the TestMinder Megapulse option.
All pulses are delivered to the AIMD from the 300 ohm tap.
Options include 240V input voltage, a PLC Interface Relay Board and computer control via USB TestMinder MegaPulse.
- Generates the waveform required by EN 45502-1, Sec. 20, Para. 20.2 for testing of active implantable medical devices, "Protection of the device from damage caused by external defibrillators".
- Designed with operator safety in mind: Set up the EUT to the right and behind the tester, and a right-handed operator will find himself standing to the left of the tester, allowing maximum separation.
- Theoretical graphs and actual graphs showing the output of your tester are included with each MegaPulse Defib Surge P, allowing easy sanity checks and proof to visiting agency engineers of test setups.
- 10 ohm tap for proper measurement of the 140 volt pulse and a 300 ohm tap for delivery of the pulse to the AIMD is built in.
- Reverse polarity waveforms available by pushing a button on the front panel. No need to change the test setup. Positive polarity indication minimizes errors.
- Front panel voltage meter shows residual voltage in charging circuit for safer operation.
- 1-year calibration cycle.
- All test leads included.
- 1 year warranty