Order #: TPR1000
Mfg #: TPR1000
Only need this item for a short time?
- Compatible with the 6 series MSO, 5 series MSO, MDO3000, MDO4000C, MSO/DPO5000B, DPO7000C, and DPO70000C/?DX/?SX oscilloscopes
- Bandwidth: DC coupling mode: TPR1000 - DC to 1 GHz and TPR4000 - DC to 4 GHz
- DC reject mode: TPR1000 - 10 kHz to 1 GHz and TPR4000 - 10 kHz to 4 GHz
- Linear dynamic range: Up to 60 V DC, 1Vp-p to bandwidth
- Attenuation: 1.25x3
- Measurement accuracy: DC linearity: <0.1% and Step response long-term aberrations: ±1%
- Noise: <300 µVp-p noise on 6 Series MSO (20 MHz BW Limit) and <1 mVp-p noise on 6 Series MSO (Full Bandwidth)
- Input impedance: 50 kΩ DC to 10 kHz and 50 Ω AC > 100 kHz
- Temperature range at tip: -40 to +85 °C (standard accessories) and -40 to +155 °C (high temperature cable option)
- Offset: ±60 V offset range and Offset setting error: ±2 mV max, ±0.4 µV typical
- Probing chipsets for power rail voltage supply and control in automotive, industrial and consumer markets
- Probing digital power management, memory and Ethernet connectivity
- Probing noise sources on high-frequency power rails
Why use a power-rail probe?
The added functionality, higher density, and faster switching speeds of modern electronic products drive the need for lower supply voltages. Designers need to zoom-in on power rails to look for high-frequency intruder signals, measure ripple and analyze coupling effects with tighter tolerances. Oscilloscopes often don't have enough offset to shift the noise and ripple on DC rails to the center of the screen to make the needed measurements.
The TPR1000 and TPR4000 probes provide a low-noise measurement solution (oscilloscope and probe), which is critical to not confuse the noise of the oscilloscope and probe with the noise and ripple of the DC supply being measured. The higher input impedance in the probes minimize the oscilloscope loading effect on DC rails (50 kΩ at DC). The probes provide higher bandwidth to see more signal content (harmonics, faster ripples, etc.) on DC rails that could affect data signals, clocks, etc.
The TPR1000 and TPR4000 provide a best-in-class integrity solution for power integrity and validation engineers in the high speed (µP), low power (mobile) and switched-mode power supply markets. The probes are designed to offer the lowest noise with high bandwidth at 60 V offset, flexible connectivity options to cover customers challenges, and software packages to cover the digital power management market.