Granite Surface Plate
Order #: 517-706
Mfg #: 517-706
Special Price $927.32 Regular Price $956.00
Only need this item for a short time?
Questions about this product?
- Natural granite seasoned for thousands of years is free from deterioration or dimensional change over time
- Granite surface plate has many advantages over cast iron surface plates:
- Twice as hard as cast iron
- Minimal changes in dimension due to temperature changes.
- Free from wringing, so there is no interruption of work
- Free from burrs or protrusions because of the fine grain structure and insignificant stickiness; this ensures a high degree of flatness over a long service life and causes no damage to other parts or instruments
- Trouble-free operation for use with magnetic materials
- Long life and rust-free, resulting in low maintenance costs
- MITUTOYO Granite Surface Plates meet or exceed Federal Specification GGG-P-463c. Each Surface Plate is shipped with a Certificate of Accuracy which guarantees its accuracy and verifies its traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology