Explore Transcat's Rental Services
Using Rental Equipment to Check Motors and Drives
Motors and drives inhabit almost every industrial setting. Because they are invaluable only while running smoothly, regular checkups and motor maintenance are necessary to detect problems early and avoid breakdowns, or to fix them if they do break down. Here are five tests you can perform quickly with Transcat's rental equipment.
Thermal Camera Inspection
- Quick, easy and safe, it's a fast way to check whether any of the motor's components is overheating. Overheating may indicate a potential problem that can be fixed before it breaks down the unit.
- A thermal camera rental offers the ability to use thermal cameras at a fraction of the cost of ownership.
- You can rent a Fluke or FLIR thermal camera from Transcat, including the Fluke TI400.
- See Transcat's thermal camera rental offerings.
- With the Fluke 810 Vibration Tester, users are able to compare readings against a database of good and bad results, which can sometimes tell what the error on the unit might be. This could be misalignment, bearing issues, or a shaft that is not tight enough.
- Transcat is the only rental provider accredited to calibrate Fluke 810s Vibration Testers.
- Request a quote from the leader in vibration calibration now!
Insulation Resistance Testing
- Insulation testing can discover any sorts of issues that come up because of aging, physical stress, dirt, corrosion, past electrical stresses and other issues which deteriorate the insulation elements inherent in an electrical unit. Which elements should be tested depend on the unit under test, but the testing can performed at voltages from 1 kV to 15 kV and over.
- Insulation testing is non-destructive and should not damage the unit under test.
- Transcat rents insulation testers MIT525, MIT1025, MIT1525 and MIT400 from Megger and the Fluke 1507.
Power Quality Testing
- In order to function at their optimal levels, electrical motors require a steady, good quality source of power, preferably without current or voltage spikes, and with good harmonics. Many of our customers leave these units hooked up to the power circuit for weeks at a time and come back to analyze the current data to look for any abnormalities.
- Transcat rents Fluke power quality equipment, from the Fluke 1735 Power Logger to the Fluke 435-II Power Quality Analyzer.
- Shaft misalignment usually results in problems elsewhere - frequent repairs and replacements, or even unplanned downtime, that oh-so-annoying killer of productivity.
- Transcat rents the Fluke 830 Laser Shaft Alignment Tool. It is an easy-to-use tool to quickly check how shafts are aligned. The tool is even available for a two week free trial before purchase, depending on availability.
- Request a rental quote now!