Ir Calibrator Rental
Infrared (black body) calibrator rentals
IR target calibrators are used to calibrate infrared (IR) thermometers. They consist of a uniform emissive black plane (the black body), which the UUT IR thermometer measures. Black body calibrators differ on the accuracy of the maintained temperature, the size of the emissive plane, the speed of changing stable temperatures, and the uniformity of the temperature maintained across the plane.
In general, bigger black bodies allow for faster and more accurate calibrations, as they allow calibrations from further away and there is less risk of the IR measurement cone seeping off the plane. On the other hand, the bigger the plane, the harder it is to maintain uniformity and the slower it is to change temperatures.
Transcat rents the Fluke Calibration (previously Hart Scientific) 4180 and 4181 Precision Infrared Calibrators.
- What is the unit being tested? Is it a standard thermometer or probe, or is it an infrared (IR) thermometer?
- What is the range that needs to be measured?
- What is the needed accuracy?
- How many different temperature points will need to be measured and how fast do you wish the unit to switch from one to the next?
- How stable and uniform does the calibrator need to maintain the reference temperature?
When in doubt - call Transcat or click here to request a Rental Quick Quote or ask us a question.
Compare up to 5 Items
You have no items to compare.
Black Body -15C to 120C Calibrator FLV $7640
Order #: 4180-RENT1
Mfg #: 4180-RENT1
Usually ships in 7-10 days$425.00 USD
Precision IR Calbrator 152mm (6"), 35C to 500C FLV $6720
Order #: 4181-RENT1
Mfg #: 4181-RENT1
Usually ships in 7-10 days$373.00 USD