Dry Block Rental
Which temperature calibrator one should rent or buy depends greatly on the type of the instrument being calibrated, and the required accuracy. There are several different temperature calibrators available on the market, each with specific applications, benefits and trade-offs.
Dry block & metrology well rentals
Dry blocks (or dry / metrology wells) are the most versatile of temperature calibrators. They come in different accuracies and sizes, allowing for easier portability and more flexible applications. A great benefit of dry blocks is their capability to move relatively quickly between different stable reference temperatures, allowing for quicktesting of different temperature points on one unit with one calibrator. The price of the dry block is usually mostly dependent on the accuracy and the range. Other factors to consider are the speed at which the desired stable temperature is reached, the stability, and the equality of temperature across the entire measurement well (radial and vertical uniformity). Some dry blocks require inserts of the right size to accommodate the measured temperature probe. Transcat can send out different inserts with your rental so be sure to ask for the right one(s).
- Most dry blocks have an internal reference temperature measurement unit, that helps the temperature source stay stable. For higher accuracies, a specified reference probe is sometimes required (usually a PRT probe), which needs to be shipped with the unit. If you require high calibration accuracies, please let us know the accuracy and the range so that we can ship the appropriate temperature reference probe.
- All the dry blocks that Transcat rents have data output capability via a serial port.
- While dry blocks are the most versatile of temperature calibrators, their drawback is in temperature uniformity and stability. If you require extremely high temperature uniformity, you might consider a temperature calibration bath.
Transcat rents dry blocks from different manufacturers, including the 9142 series Fluke Calibration (prev. Hart Scientific) Field Metrology Wells, the CTC (industrial grade accuracy) and RTC (reference standard accuracy) series from Ametek.
- What is the unit being tested? Is it a standard thermometer or probe, or is it an infrared (IR) thermometer?
- What is the range that needs to be measured?
- What is the needed accuracy?
- How many different temperature points will need to be measured and how fast do you wish the unit to switch from one to the next?
- How stable and uniform does the calibrator need to maintain the reference temperature?
When in doubt - call Transcat or click here to request a Rental Quick Quote or ask us a question.
Compare up to 5 Items
You have no items to compare.
Super Cooler Dry Block -100C to 155C FLV $29000
Order #: RTC159B-RENT1
Mfg #: RTC159B-RENT1
Usually ships in 7-10 days$990.00 USD
Dry Block Calibrator, 50C to 650C FLV $4990
Order #: 9141-RENT1
Mfg #: 9141-156-TRNS
In stock$337.00 USD
Field Metrology Well, -25C -150C w/INSA FLV $5390
Order #: 9142-RENT1
Mfg #: 9142-RENT1
In stock$330.00 USD
Compact Bath, 35C to 300C FLV $8715
Order #: 6330-RENT1
Mfg #: 6330-RENT1
In stock$872.00 USD
Dual Dry Block -15C to 350C FLV $5520
Order #: 9009-B-RENT1
Mfg #: 9009-B-RENT1
In stock$296.00 USD
Dry Block,-25C to 140C w/Insert A FLV $4040
Order #: 9103-RENT1
Mfg #: 9103-RENT1
Usually ships in 7-10 days$250.00 USD
Dry Block/Furnace 150C to 1200C w/A Insert FLV $8330
Order #: 9150-A-RENT1
Mfg #: 9150-A-156
Usually ships in 7-10 days$463.00 USD
Metrology Well, -30C to to 155C (-22F to 311F) FLV$10345
Order #: 9171-A-R-RENT1
Mfg #: 9171-A-R-RENT1
In stock$675.00 USD
Ametek PTC660C Dry Block 33C to 660C FLV $11175
Order #: PTC660C115B-RENT1
Mfg #: PTC660C115B-RENT1
Usually ships in 7-10 days$337.00 USD