Keysight E4438C Highlights
The E4438C ESG vector signal generator combines outstanding RF performance and sophisticated baseband generation to deliver calibrated test signals at baseband, IF, and RF frequencies up to 6 GHz. Offering an internal baseband generator with arbitrary waveform and real-time I/Q capabilities, ample waveform playback and storage memory, and a wide RF modulation bandwidth, the E4438C ESG is equipped to test today's complex wireless systems and their components.
The E4438C ESG is an adaptable platform with optional capabilities to customize the instrument for baseband and RF test applications ranging from simple distortion test and general purpose troubleshooting to baseband coding algorithm development, advanced transceiver design verification, and high volume manufacturing. Its modular architecture makes it easy to configure the instrument with the level of performance and signal creation capability you need today with the option to upgrade in the future.
Migrate to the new MXG X-Series signal generator and generate true performance The new MXG exceeds the ESG's performance in every category- power, ACPR, EVM, phase noise, bandwidth and memory depth- and offers a wider range of signal simulation with both real-time and arbitrary waveform generation capabilities.
- Signal characteristics
- 250 kHz to 1, 2, 3,4, or 6 GHz
- +17 dBm output power
- <-134 dBc phase noise at 1 GHz and 20 kHz offset typical
- Modulation and sweep
- AM, FM, øM, and pulse
- ASK, FSK, MSK, PSK, QAM, custom I/Q
- Step, or list, frequency and power
- Baseband generation and signal creation
- 80 MHz dual mode internal baseband generator: arbitrary waveform and real-time I/Q
- 64 MSa playback memory and 1 GSa storage
- Create reference signals: LTE, HSPA+, WiMAX™, WLAN, DVB-H, GPS/GNSS, MATLAB and more - Signal Studio Multi-channel baseband generation with N5102A Digital I/O, MIMO fading and RF to RF fading with PXB
- Baseband Generator and Channel Emulator
- Automation and communication interface
- 10BaseT LAN and GPIB
- SCPI and IVI-COM drivers
- Backwards compatible with ESG, PSG and 8648 signal generators