click on image to view gallery image(s)View All Emerson Products
The Emerson 475 Field Communicator
The Emerson 475 Field Communicator is the most powerful handheld communicator available, engineered for compatibility with HART and Foundation Fieldbus devices from any manufacturer. With a range of user upgrades available, this intrinsically safe, durable, and reliable device offers unique customization options for every application. Designed to increase efficiency of work in the field, the 475 Field Communicator also features a full color user interface, a Windows CE operating system, 32 MB of application memory, and an even weight distribution to allow for one-handed operation.
Why Buy the 475 from Transcat? Inventory. Selection. Price.
Transcat is a leading supplier of the Emerson 475, with inventory, selection, and pricing that is unmatched in the industry. Browse our complete selection of Emerson Communicators below, or check out our selection guide to ensure that we provide you with the very best product for your application. To request more information, technical support, get a quote, or place an order, feel free to call us, chat us, request a quote, or add to cart!
Emerson 475 Communicator Features
Universal HART and Foundation Fieldbus
The Emerson 475 Field communicator works with each of the over 1,000 different HART and Foundation fieldbus instruments available from over 100 OEMs. With Emerson’s Easy Upgrade option, each 475 owner has access to the most recent HART and fieldbus drivers.
Intrinsically Safe Communicators
The Emerson 475 unit and power module meet intrinsic safety requirements for hazardous areas as specified by the following regulatory organizations:
- Factory Mutual (FM)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
Rugged and Powerful
Designed with the field technician in mind, the 475 field communicator has been engineered to take a beating. Large keys, a backlit screen, a protective rubber boot and one-handed ergonomics are just some of the in-use benefit of this durable device. The 475 is fully compatible with AMS Device Manager, which arms technicians with industry-leading analysis software to store and transfer data. Diagnose, analyze, and configure all of the instruments in your facility, detect power issues, and verify DC voltage, all with the Emerson 475.
Ordering Guide - How to Build an Emerson 475 Field Communicator
Typical HART Model Number: 475 H P 1 E KL U GMT
Typical HART/Fieldbus Model Number: 475 F P 1 E KL U GMT
|475||Field Communicator (1)|
|F||HART and FOUNDATION fieldbus (2)|
|P||Rechargeable Lithium-lon Power Module|
|1||Power Supply and Charger NiMH/Li-Ion (US/UK/EU connection types included) (3)|
|9||Not included (4)|
|KL||ATEX. FM. CSA and IECEx Intrinsicaly Safe (includes FISCO as appiicable)|
|U||Easy Upgrade (3 year) Ophan (5)|
|GM||Graphics (Included at No Charge) (6)|
|Device Configuration Management (inc(uded at No Charge) (7)|
|T||Bluetooth Communication (8)|
|9||No Bluetooth Communication|
|A||Spare Rechargeable Lithium-lon Power Module (9)|
|S||Protective Rubber Boot with Stand|
|(1)||Base Model 475 includes Field Communicator unit with Color LCD display, System Card, leadset with connectors, carrying case, Getting Started Guide, Resource CD, stylus, and straps.|
|(2)||Must specify Easy Upgrade Option (Code U) when ordering this model option.|
|(3)||To obtain an Australia power cord, ceder part number 00375-0003-0003.|
|(4)||This option should only be considered if the user already has 375 or 475 Power Supply/Charger. If it is a 375 Power Supply / Charger, it must be the Li-lon/NiMH version.|
|(5)||The Easy Upgrade capability allows users to add new System Application software and Device Descriptions (DDs) to the 475 for a period of 3 years. To upgrade without this feature, the System Card would have to be sent to a Service Center.|
|(6)||The Graphics functionality enables a user to access enhanced graphical features when using the HART or FOUNDATION fieldbus application|
|(7)||Device Configuration Management provides the capability to store in excess of 1,000 configurations and print them|
|(8)||Bluetooth enables communication too PC via the Bluetooth protocol|
|(9)||A fully charged Lithium-lon Power Module is capable of delivering power for 20 hours of typical field use. If requirements exceed this specification, a Spare Power Module (code A) should be specified.|
(1) Base Model 475 includes Field Communicator unit with Color LCD display, System Card, leadset with connectors, carrying case, Getting Started Guide, Resource CD, stylus, and straps.
(2) Must specify Easy Upgrade Option (Code U) when ordering this model option.
(3) To obtain an Australia power cord, order part number 00375-0003-0003.
(4) This option should only be considered if the user already has a 375 or 475 Power Supply/Charger. If it is a 375 Power Supply / Charger, it must be the Li-Ion/NiMH version.
(5) The Easy Upgrade capability allows users to add new System Application software and Device Descriptions (DDs) to the 475 for a period of 3 years. To upgrade without this feature, the System Card would have to be sent to a Service Center.
(6) The Graphics functionality enables a user to access enhanced graphical features when using the HART or Foundation fieldbus application.
(7) Device Configuration Management provides the capability to store in excess of 1,000 configurations and print them.
(8) Bluetooth enables communication to a PC via the Bluetooth protocol.
(9) A fully charged Lithium-Ion Power Module is capable of delivering power for 20 hours of typical field use. If requirements exceed this specification, a Spare Power Module (code A) should be specified.
Compare Products in this Series See all Results
AND ORDER #
View the NEW Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator
- Save over $399 with Emerson 475 VIP Kits!
- New silver edition celebrates 25 years of handheld technology leadership
- Full-color graphical user interface
- Powerful field diagnostics
- Bluetooth® communication
- Long-lasting Lithium-Ion power module
- Universal support for HART and FOUNDATION fieldbus devices
- The 475 Field Communicator builds on the industry-leading technology of the 375 Field Communicator while adding innovative new capabilities including color display, Bluetooth communication, and advanced field diagnostics
- What you get is the most powerful handheld available - universal, user upgradeable, intrinsically safe, rugged and reliable
- Runs on Windows CE, a robust, real-time operating system
- Microprocessor - 80 MHz Hitachi® SH3
- Memory Internal Flash - 32 MB
- System Card - 1 GB secure digital card
- RAM - 32 MB
- Display - 1/4 VGA (240 by 320 pixels) color, 3.5 in. (8.9 cm) transflective display with touch screen, Anti-glare coated
- Weight - Approximately 1.65 lb. (0.75kg) with battery
Each Unit Includes
- Field Communicator
- System Card
- Power Module and Recharger
- Lead Set with Connectors
- Carrying Case
- User's Manual and Getting Started Guide
- 475 Resource CD
|Processor and Memory|
|Microprocessor||80 MHz Hitachi® SH3|
|Memory Internal Flash||32 MB|
|System Card||1 GB secure digital card|
|Weight||Approximately 1.65 lb. (0.75kg) with battery|
|Display||1/4 VGA (240 by 320 pixels) color, 3.5 in. (8.9 cm) transflective display with touchscreen and Anti-glare coated|
|Keypad||25 keys including 4 action keys, 12 alphanumeric keys, tab key, function key, backlight key, power key, and 4 cursor-control (arrow) keys; membrane design with tactile feedback|
|Power Supply / Charger|
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion power module|
|Battery Operating Time||
20 hours – continuous use
|Battery Charger Options||
Input voltage 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
|Battery Charger||Mini DIN 6-pin jack|
|HART and Fieldbus||Three 4mm banana jacks (one common to HART and Foundation fieldbus|
IrDA (Infrared Data Access) port supporting up to 115 Kbps
Up to 32.8 ft. (10 m) communication distance
|Usage||-10°C (14°F) to +50°C (122°F)|
|Battery||0% to 95% RH (non-condensing) for 0°C (32°F) to +50°C (122°F)|
|Charge||10°C (50°F) to +40°C (104°F)|
|Storage With Batteries||-20°C (-4°F) to +55°C (131°F)|
|Storage Without Batteries||-20°C (-4°F) to +60°C (140°F)|
|Enclosure Rating||IP51 (from front)|
|Shock||Tested to survive a 1-meter drop test onto concrete|
|Easy Upgrade Requirements|
PC with Internet access
|Product Image||MFG PART #||PRODUCT DESCRIPTION||Stock Status||UNIT PRICE||QTY|