Bruel & Kjaer 4226 Highlights
Multifunction Acoustic Calibrator Type 4226 enables simulated free-field calibration of microphones, sound level meters and other related instruments. Type 4226 generates accurate and stable sound pressure with a frequency varying from 31.5 Hz to 16 kHz in octave steps, plus a signal at 12.5 kHz.
Using the coupler provided, the test signal can be applied to either ½-inch or ¼-inch microphones, or picked up from an electrical output. For ease of use, Type 4226 can also apply a very accurate inverse A-weighting correction.
An external generator can be connected to Type 4226 if a frequency sweep or semi-automatic test is desired.
- Conforms to EN/IEC 942 1988 Class I and ANSI S 1.40 – 1984
- Wide frequency range: 31.5 Hz to 16 kHz in octave steps, plus 12.5 kHz signal
- Calibration levels of 94 dB, 104 dB and 114 dB
- Free-field simulation for most ½" Bruel & Kjaer microphones
- Inverse A-weighting
- Recurrent pulses for time-weighting and burst signal checks
- Simulated free- and diffuse-field calibration of microphones
- Verification of ½" and ¼" microphone setups and acoustic instruments conforming to IEC 60651 and ANSI S 1.4-1983
- Verification of instruments according to parts of IEC 61672