click on image to view gallery image(s)View All Ametek - Jofra Products
Ametek-Jofra CTC350 Compact Temperature Calibrator
The Ametek Jofra CTC Series is a fast, time-saving, reliable dry block temperature calibrator designed for on-site use. The large color display is easy-to-read and provides icons and information regarding the status of the calibrator and the calibration in process. Popular functions like automatic switch test and auto stepping are available with special one-key-one-function buttons. Speed, portability, cleanliness, and wide temperature range are all superior over liquid bath systems. With the use of the optional external reference probe, this is the most accurate industrial class temperature calibrator on the market. CTC Series is available in three versions. The CTC350 covers a temperature range of 28° to 350°C (82° to 662°F).
Why Buy the Ametek CTC Series from Transcat? Calibration. Selection. Price.
Transcat is a leading supplier of Ametek instruments, and can offer accredited calibrations on new orders. Check out our ordering guide to ensure that we provide you with the very best product for your application. To request more information, technical support, get a quote, or place an order, feel free to call us, chat us, request a quote, or add to cart!
Basic model, without input
Full model, including Reference sensor input
Wide temperature range
The CTC series covers a wide temperature range from -25 to 660°C (-13 to 1220°F). This makes it sufficient to cover almost all standard industrial temperature calibration applications.
CTC-350: 28 to 350°C (82 to 662°F)
Best in class industrial calibrator
The new generation of the CTC temperature calibrator has improved the accuracy with as much as 25%. This makes it the most accurate industrial class temperature calibrator on the market.
All our Jofra temperature calibrators feature a purpose-dedicated temperature regulator. This provides a very fast heating and cooling time as well as a short stabilization time. Performing a three point temperature calibration procedure is fast and saves time.
External reference sensor
All our C Models are designed with a signal input for an external reference sensor. The sensor makes it possible to improve accuracy even more. Our new range of external reference sensors have been developed to match each of the new CTC’s.
External sensor control
The CTC can be run in two modes when using the external reference sensor. “External ref” mode is where the external reference sensor represents the True value. The “Set follows True” mode is where the reference sensor serves two purposes; measuring the reference temperature and at the same time controlling the block temperature to the set temperature.
Easy to carry
The CTC series is designed for both on-site and maintenance shop calibration. We have focused on great portability in regard of size and weight. The calibrator is lightweight and easy to carry and with a handle placed away from the heat-zone.
MVI – Mains Power Variance Immunity improves temperature stability
Unstable mains power supplies are a major contributor to calibration inaccuracies. Traditional temperature calibrators often become unstable in industrial environments where large electrical motors, heating elements, and other devices are periodically cycled on and off. The cycling of supply power can cause lower quality temperature regulators to perform inconsistently, leading to both inaccurate readings and unstable temperatures. The CTC series employ the MVI, thus avoiding such stability problems. The MVI circuitry continuously monitors the supply voltage and ensures a constant energy flow to the heating elements.
- Multi sensor calibration - Insert heat loss due to mass loading from multiple or large sensors can be a challenge for most dry-block calibrators. The CTCs advanced feedback algorithms combined with the external reference sensor effectively addresses these challenges and makes the accuracy even better.
- IRI - Intelligent Recalibration Information - When switching on the calibrator or connecting the reference sensor, the calibrator immediately warns you if any of the calibration certificates are overdue. A buzzer and warning appears. The recalibration interval can be set from 1 to 99 months.
- Plug and Play reference sensors - All STS reference sensors are plug and play as they contain information in the connectors memory chip: Sensor coefficients, Unique serial number, Temperature range, Calibration date, Calibration interval
- Broad range of inserts - The CTC series offers a broad range of inserts to match almost any unit under test diameter. The new CTC cooler provides 35% more space for the units under test. For flexibility we also supply multi-hole inserts with the most common sensor diameters.
- Reference sensor protection - The CTC will be blocked if it is set to a temperature outside the reference sensors specifications. This protects the reference sensor from being damaged.
- Temperature range from -25 to 1205°C (-13 to 2200°F) with 6 models
- Accuracy to ± 0.2°C and Stability to ± 0.04°C
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Multi-hole and/or insert kits
- Input for external reference sensor on all C models
- MVI circuitry ensures stability despite mains supply variations
Each Unit Includes
- CTC dry-block calibrator (user specified)
- Mains power cable (user specified)
- Traceable certificate - temperature performance
- Tool for insertion tubes
- User manual
- Test cables (1 x red, 1 x black)
- USB cable
- JofraCal calibration software
- CTC-660 includes a Heat Shield
|Range||28 to 350°C / 82 to 662°F|
|Lowest calibration temperature||ambient +5°C / 41°F|
|CTC-350 with internal ref. sensor||±0.45°C /±0.81°F|
|CTC-350 with STS-120||±0.25°C /±0.45°F|
|Stability||±0.05°C / ±0.09°F|
|Radial Homogeneity (difference between holes)||0.04°C / 0.072°F|
|Resolution||1 or 0.1 or 0.01|
|Units||°C or °F or K|
|23 to 355°C / 73 to 662°F||6 minutes|
|350 to 100°C / 662 to 212°F||18 minutes|
|100 to 50°C / 212 to 122°F||13 minutes|
|Time to Stability (typical)||10 minutes|
|Mains Power Specifications|
|Voltage||115 V (90-127) / 230 V (180-254)|
|Max Power Consumption||1150 VA|
|Frequency, US deliveries||60 Hz ±3|
|Frequency, non US deliveries||50 Hz ±3, 60 Hz ±3|
|Dimensions LxWxH||248x148x305 mm / 9.761x5.83x12.01 in|
|Weight||5 kg / 11 lb|
|Immersion Depth||115 mm / 4.53 in|
|Well diameter||26 mm / 1.02 in|
|Insert Dimensions (diameter x length)||25,7 mm x 120 mm / 1.01 x 4.72 in|
|Switch Input (dry contact)|
|Test Voltage||Maximum 14 VDC|
|Test Current||Maximum 1 mA|
|Digital Interface||USB 2.0|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 50°C / -4 to 122°F|
|Humidity||5 to 90% Rh, non-condensing|
|External reference sensor|
|STS-120-A-935||0 to 350°C /32 to 662°F|
|Hysteresis (@ 0°C / 32°F)||0.01°C / 0.018°F|
|Long Term Stability (@ 0°C / 32°F)||0.014°C / 0.025°F|
|Sensing Element||Type PT100|
|STS-120-A: t0.5 (50%)||7 sec.|
|STS-120-A: t0.9 (90%)||18 sec.|
|Diameter||4 mm / 0.157 in|
|Length||135 mm / 5.32 in|
|Max. height over calibrator top||10 mm / 0.39 in|